The One-Stop-Shop for Improving Your Command of the Technical Aspects of Writing and Language Analysis
WHAT TO TEACH AND HOW TO TEACH IT
- Be a better writer yourself and, consequently, a sharper, more informed teacher of writing and of textual analysis.
- Acquire profound expertise in how to use punctuation and, furthermore, in its relationship to grammar.
- Embed approaches that will improve student spelling and understand the difference between recall and recognition approaches.
- Re-balance your teaching so that you no longer focus predominantly on the semantic (word) but, instead, teach your students possession of a full toolbox of syntactic understandings and techniques.
- Embrace a fuller understanding of the rhythmic, technical aspects of teaching writing.
- Make significant improvements to students' written and analytical skills quickly and with relative ease.
- Meet the tricksier requirements for SPaG and literacy at all Key Stages
IMPROVE WRITING IN AN INSTANT
- Don't let elementary mistakes lesson your impact
- Be your own instant grammar and spell checker
- Enhance any text and writing style
- Increase a reader (and your classes') confidence in you and your ideas through the use of advanced grammar
- Avoid common mistakes, eliminate errors and bulldoze the fallacies of punctuation
- Gain the go-to-guide upon using punctuation to communicate nuance in meaning
- Empower your confidence in spelling with a range of proven spelling strategies and the means of spelling error analysis
BECOME AN ADVANCED USER AND TEACHER OF LITERACY
Understand grammar fundamentals and embrace complex grammatical flairs
- Know your polysyndeton from your asyndeton
- Get to the bottom of the conjunctions and connectives conundrum
- Naturally build pace and rhythm into your work. Implicitly control and reward your reader.
- Conquer coordinate and cumulative adjectives, commas, compound and complex sentences
- Recognise the three distinct varieties of fronted adverbials
- Mark off parenthetical clauses correctly
- Realise the power of the conjunctive adverb
THE SPAG GRAB BAG
- 2 hours + on-demand video lessons
- 43 bitesize lectures
- 40 supplemental resources
- Full lifetime access to the LIVE masterclass and entire online course
- Access on mobile, tablet and computer
- Certificate of completion
- Phil's best-selling book 'How To Teach Literacy'
- Key Stage 2-5 teachers
- Literacy Co-ordinators
- Those who are keen to teach and produce outstanding writing